Want to understand the impact of colors on human emotions and behavior? Check out our comprehensive guide to the best books on color psychology.
Every color has a specific psychological impact, from the colors we wear to the colors we surround ourselves with. Colors play a vital role in shaping our emotions and behavior, and color psychology is a field of study that aims to understand this relationship.
It is fascinating how colors affect how people feel, think, and act. Whether you’re an aspiring psychologist, an artist or just someone curious about the impact of colors on our lives, this guide on the best books on color psychology will give you an in-depth understanding of this fascinating subject.
Best Books on Color Psychology
If you’re new to color psychology, starting with the basics is essential. Here are some of the best books on color psychology for beginners that will help you get a solid foundation in this fascinating field.
Color by Betty Edwards
Color by Betty Edwards provides a basic understanding of how to see color, how to use it, and for those involved in art, painting, or design—how to mix and match the color. With over 125 colorful illustrations and exercises that range from easy to challenging.
Available Formats – Kindle, Paperback.
Customer Reviews – Over 80 hundred reviews and More than 90% mark them as 4 and 5 stars.
- Such good and clear information.
- A very good read for learning color
- The color at last!
- Just as Advertised
- Good basic information
- Excellent information shared clearly
- Color charts confusing
- Not for Painters
- Ok but not great
Color and Meaning
This research-rich book examines our relationship with color and how we perceive it. Written by award-winning author John Gage, previously known for “Color and Culture,” the book expands on historical discoveries for the psychological study of color symbolism in medieval art.
Available Formats – Hardcover, Paperback.
Customer Reviews – Fifteen global reviews and around 100% mark them as 4 and 5 stars.
- Very well-researched and informative.
- A variety of coloring designs.
- More expensive
The Little Book of Colour
This book will exceed your expectations in every way. Its compact size makes it convenient to move and the stunning views are a feast for the eyes. The insights it provides will completely change your view of the world and start meaningful conversations with those around you. By exploring the depth of color, you will be able to uncover new parts of yourself.
Available Formats – Kindle, Hardcover.
Customer Reviews – Over 6 hundred global reviews and More than 85% mark them as 4 and 5 stars.
- Nice Little Book
- Thoroughly enjoyable read
- Delightful Way to Improve Your Life
- huge amounts of information on the color!
- Bright colors
- A bit limited
Language of Color
This comprehensive book on color offers readers a complete guide to understanding and utilizing color to improve their emotional well-being, behavior, and relationships with others. It humorously highlights the impact of color on one’s emotions but also emphasizes its role in maintaining physical and mental health, making it a valuable read.
Available Formats – Paperback.
Customer Reviews – Over Fifteen global reviews and around 70% mark them as 4 and 5 stars.
Color Psychology Today
Color Psychology Today introduces groundbreaking insights into the psychology of color derived from the author’s pioneering research and studies. With over three decades of experience as a color consultant and trainer, the author shares unique knowledge on the impact of color psychology on both the business world and individuals.
Available Formats – Kindle, Paperback.
Customer Reviews – Over fifty global reviews and More than 80% mark them as 4 and 5 stars.
- Unique and fascinating
- Informative and Inspiring
- Very interesting information
- Not Psychology At All
Understanding The Basics Of Color Psychology
The first step in understanding the impact of colors on human behavior is to understand the basics of color psychology. It means knowing the different color families, what different colors mean, and how colors can affect our moods and feelings.
Some of the most popular color families include warm colors such as red, yellow, and orange, cool colors like blue, green, and purple, and neutral colors like black, white, and gray. Each of these color families uniquely impacts human emotions and behavior.
Here Are Some Of The Benefits:
- Better Understanding of Color: Reading color psychology books can help you understand the meaning and symbolism of different colors and how they impact human emotions and behavior.
- Improved Marketing and Design Strategies: For marketers and designers, understanding color psychology can be essential in creating effective marketing and design strategies. These books can help you learn how to use color to influence consumer behavior, evoke certain emotions, and create compelling designs.
- Improved Emotional Well-Being: By learning about the impact of color on human emotions, you can use color in your daily life to improve your emotional well-being and balance. This can include using color in your home, workplace, or personal life to create a more harmonious and calming environment.
- Enhanced Personal Growth: Reading about color psychology can also be a valuable tool for personal growth and self-discovery. By understanding the impact of color on emotions, you can use color to reflect and understand your emotional state and make conscious choices about the colors you surround yourself with.
- Professional Development: For professionals in fields such as marketing, design, and therapy, studying color psychology can provide valuable insights and tools for enhancing their work. This can include learning how to use color effectively in marketing campaigns, design projects, and therapy sessions.
The benefits of reading and studying the best color psychology books are diverse and can positively impact multiple areas of your life.
Best Books on Color Psychology FAQs
What is color psychology?
Color psychology is the study of how colors affect human behavior, perception, and emotions.
How do Best Books on Color Psychology help us understand human behavior?
Color psychology helps us understand how colors affect our emotions, thoughts, and actions. By studying the impact of colors on human behavior, we can better understand how colors can create specific moods and emotions and how they can influence our actions.
What are the different color families in color psychology?
The different color families in color psychology include:
◉ Warm colors (red, yellow, and orange).
◉ Cool colors (blue, green, and purple).
◉ Neutral colors (black, white, and gray).
Each of these color families uniquely impacts human emotions and behavior.
How can color psychology be applied in everyday life?
Color psychology can be applied in everyday life in various ways. For example, colors can make a room feel a certain way, change how people act in a store, or make people feel something in movies and TV shows.
Are these books appropriate for both personal and professional use?
Yes. These books can be helpful for personal and professional reasons because they explain how colors affect our lives and the places we live.
Color psychology is a fascinating field that can provide valuable insights into the impact of color on our emotions and behavior.
Whether you are a student, professional, or simply curious about the topic, reading the best books on color psychology can deepen your understanding and provide new perspectives on this dynamic field.
From basic concepts and theories to practical applications and case studies, these books offer a wealth of information and inspiration for anyone interested in exploring the world of color psychology.